Explore this extraordinary and diverse land on your South Africa holiday.
A holiday to South Africa is unforgettable - breathtakingly diverse in landscape and visitor experiences. Many first-time visitors make a beeline for the Cape, the Garden Route and Kruger National Park, and with good reason, but this amazing land rewards a longer-than-usual stay, giving you a chance to enjoy less well-known adventures such as the scenery and battlefields of KwaZulu Natal and the fascinating blend of cultures in Gauteng.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
- South Africa lies in the Southern Hemisphere, therefore the seasons are the reverse of those in the Northern Hemisphere.
- December and January are the main summer holiday months.
- In May and June, autumn brings warm days and cool nights.
- Autumn and spring are the best seasons for hiking. From the beginning of July to the end of Sep.
- tember, you can expect cold conditions in most of the country and rain in the Western Cape.
- The picturesque western cape and enticing Cape Town, with iconic Table Mountain, notorious Robben Island and the excellent bars and restaurants of the Victoria and Alfred Waterfronts.
- The Famous Winelands with over 200 notable cellars to visit.
- See the Big Five at any of South Africa’s premier Game Reserves. From the fearsome wilds of Kruger National Park to the malaria free private reserves of the Eastern Cape.
- The Inspirations Garden Route.
- Visit Johannesburg city.
- Great food.
- Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel –Capetown *****
- Canelands Beach Club, Salt Rock- Durban ****
- Fancourt, George- Garden Route *****
- Kapama Game reserve-Kruger Game Reserves ****
- Sun City Hotel, Sun City ****
- Cape Cadogan Boutique Hotel-Cape Town *****
- Abalone Guest Lodge, Harmanus ****