Discover an unspoilt fantasy land!
There is perhaps nowhere in the world more enchanting, or more naturally beautiful, than New Zealand. From the dramatic mountains and forested valleys to the majestic ice floes and glacial lakes and from dormant volcanoes to rolling vineyards, your camera has never been so busy. You may even recognise some of it from the Chronicles of Narnia as well as doubling as Middle Earth in The Lord of the Rings.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
- The north of New Zealand is subtropical whilst the south is temperate.
- The warmest months are December, January and February, and the coldest June, July and August.
- The weather in New Zealand can change unexpectedly as cold fronts or tropical cyclones quickly blow in. Because of this, you should be prepared for sudden changes in weather and temperature, particularly if doing outdoor activities.
New Zealand North Island Highlights
- Visit a geothermal wonderland with bubbling sulphur pools and erupting geysers at Wai-O-Tapu in the Rotorua, Taupo & Central Region.
- Search for dolphins and whales, cruising the beautiful Bay of Islands & Coromandel.
- Witness incredible views on the Tongariro Crossing, repeatedly voted one of the world's Top 10 one-day treks.
- Take a campervan trip from Auckland to Wellington, stopping wherever and whenever the mood takes you.
New Zealand South Island Highlights
- Experience a magical morning swimming with wild dolphins or whale watching off the coast of Kaikoura in the Christchurch & Kaikoura region.
- In the West Coast & Glaciers region, hike (or take a helicopter ride) to the top of the mighty Franz Josef or Fox Glacier and walk on the face of the glacier, through crevasses and ice caves.
- Choose from a thrilling range of activities in the adrenalin capital of Queenstown - jet boat down the Dart River, go horseriding around Lord of the Rings country, parasail, bungee jump or even river surf.
- Visit the Southern Alps & Fiordland and cruise or sea kayak in stunning and dramatic Milford Sound, dominated by the imposing Mitre Peak and home to abundant wildlife.
New Zealand – The Essentials
- Tipping is a matter of choice. For excellent service, a discretionary tip of 10% may be given.
- There are no compulsory vaccinations but one for tetanus is recommended. For more detailed information, contact your GP or a specialist vaccination centre.
- Charge your camera regularly and keep it on you at all times – this is one of the world’s most photogenic countries.
- Bring suitable footwear for walking and a light rain coat.
- The New Zealand All Blacks are renowned for their performance of a traditional Maori 'haka' before each game of rugby. They form a semi-circle and perform the Ka Mate haka which involves chanting, thigh slapping, feet stamping and various gestures while facing down the opposing team.
New Zealand honeymoons
- All of our New Zealand hotels make for fabulous honeymoon settings. You can discover romantic locations all over this scenic country, including Great Barrier Island for a remote private escape, or Fiordland and Queenstown for adventurous activities together. Let us help create your dream honeymoon in New Zealand.
New Zealand Tailor Made Holidays
- We can create a holiday that fits your exact requirements by tailor making it just for you. You can also add other destinations to your holiday to create a multi-centre holiday.