Hong Kong is known for its fascinating harmony between old and new, east and west. With 5,000 years of Chinese traditions, 150 years of British colonial influence and boundless energy for the future, this is a truly unique city that's constantly changing - so even if this isn't your first visit, you're sure to find something new and exciting.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
- In November and December, when it's warm and sunny, although it's a great destination for a city break all year round.
- Impressive skyline dominated by he glittering glass of soaring buildings, backed by green peaks
- Economical, historical and political centre
- Shopping paradise
- Entertainment and commercial hub
- Victoria Harbour
- Great food
- The Excelsior, Hong Kong Island ****
- The Park lane, Hong Kong Island ****
- Marco Polo ****
- Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong *****
- Mandarin Oriental *****