Experience the glitz and glamour of Monte Carlo.
The decadent Grimaldi Royal Family and see-and-be-seen mantra of Monaco pierces through the very heart of this tiny principality. Roll your dice in the lavish Monte Carlo casino, hear the rumble of Formula One cars at the legendary Grand Prix weekend, snoop around the elaborate, whimsical Palace and shop couture in a mall made entirely of Italian marble.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
- Nestled in the warmest corner of France within a region renowned for a mild climate throughout the year, with hot, dry summers lined by the Mediterranean Sea. It is a great place to visit, no matter what month of the year.
- The Principality of Monaco, a sovereign and ancient independent state, with a rich and colourful history lies in a long narrow coastal strip in a privileged position overlooking the Mediterranean and offers wonderfully mild winters and long sun-drenched summers.
- Although the Principality covers only one square mile, it stands as a proud monarchy headed by his Highness Prince Albert II. Monaco has long been associated with the world of the rich and famous, where you can rub shoulders with the millionaire residents of this exclusive state.
- The wealthiest and best known of Monaco’s four quarters, glittering Monte Carlo, is the epitome of glamour itself. Home to its world famous casino and renowned as a gambling haven, the resort attracts the wealthiest of visitors from business men to stars of the stage and screen, and endless sports stars, not least a growing number from the world of Formula One.
- As well as the magic of the Royalty and glamour which are unavoidable in Monte Carlo, this municipality and the remaining three quarters of Monaco offer a wealth of beautiful scenery and many architectural delights. Backed by soaring cliffs, the coastal resort provides exceptional views over the sparkling sea and the tiny district of La Condamine, the pretty harbour area filled with luxury yachts and cruisers. The ancient fortified capital of Monaco-Ville is home to the elegant Palace and to an extensive collection of artwork by Rubens and Vermeer with its favourable climate, extensive natural beauty, fascinating history and unparalleled lifestyle, Monaco is a truly unique Mediterranean gem, an experience not to be missed.
- Fairmont Monte Carlo – Monaco *****
- Hotel de Paris - Monte Carlo *****
- Le Meridian Beach Plaza – Monte Carlo *****
- Hermitage – Monte Carlo *****