Golden sands, historical sites and sublime mountainscapes – Cyprus is more than just a beach destination. Offering long days of sunshine throughout the year, Cyprus is not only an excellent choice for those seeking summer sun, but is also a great option for a sunny winter escape. Relax on Blue Flag-awarded beaches, savour mouth-watering cuisine or put on your hiking shoes and explore Aphrodite’s island.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
- Cyprus pretty much has year-round sunshine, with a short rainy season in the winter and May to September being extremely hot.
- Visit Koulklia: Back to an emphatically slower pace of life on the unspoilt peninsula of Akamas, drink from the legendary fountain of Aphrodite in the hope of finding love, or take time out to explore by scuba diving, hiking or horseriding.
- Visit Pissouri & Miliou: Serene enough for the loggerhead turtles to come and lay their eggs, Pissouri will answer your holiday prayers with more than a dash of authentic Cypriot allure, a long stretch of beach, plus sailing, diving and windsurfing. Discover therapeutic sulphur springs and the fresh scent of citrus groves in the tiny village of Miliou.
- Polis & Paphos: Situated on the edge of the Akamas Peninsula, the peaceful fisherman’s resort of Polis enjoys picturesque surrounds and easy access to the renowned baths of Aphrodite.
- Protaras : Popular resort of Protaras is just a short drive from vibrant Ayia Napa and is home to one of the island’s best beaches in Fig Tree Bay most famous bareback horserace in history-where the riders and their steeds strut past the crowds in colorful finery.
- Columbia Beach Resort *****
- Four Seasons Hotel Beach Resort–East Limassol *****
- Almyra *****
- Amathus Beach Hotel *****