England is as well-known for the Royal Family and Stonehenge as it is for fish and chips, warm beer and football. It hosts some of the world's most famous symbols and institutions such as afternoon tea, the Lords, ladies and big hats at Ascot, Big Ben, London fashion, Lord's Cricket Ground and some of the best clubbing this side of the universe. The diverse landscape, which includes the mountains of Lake District and the wide, open spaces of East Anglia, rival the variety of accents that range from cockney to the Edinburgh dialect. To get under the skin of England, watch 'Four Weddings And A Funeral', read 'The Canterbury Tales' by Chaucer and listen to the Beatles.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
- The months from April to October are the traditional time to visit the British Isles. As well as being the warmest time of the year, it is also when British Summer Time extends daylight long into the evenings. It is during this period that visitor attractions are fully operational, and when many social and sporting occasions take place.
- From April to June, the countryside bursts into bloom. Wild daffodils and bluebells herald the start of the season when gardens are at their most colourful.
- July and August are the hottest months in the year, both in terms of temperature and events! The abundance of thrilling competitions, breathtaking festivals and plenty of other colourful events cater to all tastes. However, if you fancy a family vacation or a relaxing retreat from everyday life in one of the stunning resorts, there's a great variety to choose from.
- Visit London
- Visit Windsor Castle & Runnymede
- Bateaux Lunch Cruise (Classic)
- Explore Stonehenge
- Visit Blenheim Palace and Cotswolds Birthplace of Winston Churchill
- Visit Edinburg, Loch Ness & the highlands
- Watch Musicals like Billy Elliot, Chicago, Grease, Jersey Boys, Les Miserables and more
- Watch world class dramas like Being Shakespeare, Hamlet Pygmalion, The Woman in Black
- The Mayfair Hotel - London *****
- Rosewood London *****
- The Langham London *****
- Le Meridian Piccadilly - London *****
- Hyatt Regency London The Churchill – London *****
- St James Hotel and Club London *****
- The Park Tower Kightsbridge - London *****
- Fairmont St Andrews - St Andrews Edinburgh *****
- G & V Royal Mile Hotel - Edinburgh *****
- The Edinburgh Residence *****
- Gleneagles Hotel, Perthshire *****
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel-Dumbartonshire Glasgow *****
- Trump Turnberry resort-Ayrshire Glasgow *****
- Loch Torridon Hotel-Wester Ross Inverness *****
- Rocpool Reserve Hotel - Inverness *****