Back to nature on Pink Elephant Journeys Madagascar holidays!
Madagascar is a nature lover’s paradise and like nowhere else on earth, with ancient and unique flora and fauna. Its landscapes range from giant baobabs to highland rice fields and stunning island beaches. Our Madagascar Explorer tour offers an ideal introduction to central Madagascar, but there’s plenty more to see if you want to tailor make your own itinerary.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
- June to September is the best time to travel. Early mornings and late evenings can be cool.
- April, May and September can be very hot.
- The rainy season is November to March.
- Off the coast of the mainland, Madagascar's island beaches are gloriously undeveloped, with golden and pure white sands, lush rainforest and crystal clear turquoise waters inhabited by abundant marine life. Nosy Be is the largest island of the archipelago off the northwestern tip of Madagascar, easily reached by a short flight from Antananarivo. Surrounding islands include the quiet volcanic island of Nosy Komba - the 'lemur island', and the wonderful secluded hideaway of Nosy Tsarabanjina.
- Constance Tsarabanjina ****
- Tsara Komba Lodge, Nosy Komba ****
- Vanila Hotel & Spa, Nosy Be ***