Idyllic island resort in the Indian Ocean.
Maldives is an immensely popular destination and there are plenty of reasons for it! Evoking images of white sands, swaying palm trees and crystal blue waters, this is the quintessential picture-perfect holiday – with an added sprinkling of something special. Far-flung and exotic, it's the ultimate luxury beach escape.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
- Temperatures in the Maldives vary little throughout the year, averaging 25-30ºC.
- May to July and September to November have a higher rainfall with some cloud, but still see plenty of sunshine amidst short downpours.
- December to April is drier and hotter.
Recommended Maldives Hotels
Accommodation options in the Maldives are impressively diverse – from tiny hideaways with just a handful of rooms to larger, livelier resorts with abundant facilities; authentic, rustic retreats to cool and contemporary hotels; and simple beachfront bungalows to the most exclusive overwater pool villas.
- Maafushivaru - 4.5 Star
- Kuramathi Island Resort ****
- Meeru Island Resort & Spa
- Kurumba Maldives *****
- Velassaru Maldives *****
- Baros Maldives *****
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa *****